Tuesday, April 28, 2009

THAT's not your father's name!

Of all things, I never thought I'd hear that Daddy was not my father, from my son!

Daddy occupies pride of place on our bedroom wall, in our current house. In between nude prances on the bed post his bath, or when getting pyjama'ed for bed, Sonny boy occasionally gives his Achacha fond looks and asks me what Achacha is saying. This because, when he is being particulary naughty/cute, both of which are pretty frequent, I tell him that Achacha is frowning/smiling. And I go on to make up an imaginary conversation with my Dad where the subject of the conversation is Sonny boy....

The other night, we were getting ready for bed. Or rather, I had been telling Sonny boy for the last one hour that it was time for bed...with zilch positive response. Finally, when I'd reached the limits of my patience, I glared at him with arms akimbo.

When he asked me, "What is he saying?"
Since there wasn't anyone in the room other than me n him, I asked "Who?"
"He!" And looking up at my Dad's photo affectionately, he asked, "What is his name?"

It struck me that it was rather remiss of me to not have told my son his Achacha's name till now. Shooting an apologetic look at my Dad, I said, "Krishnan" and pulled Sonny boy towards me to put on his pyjamas.

"No! I am talking about that man. Your father!"
He pulled away from me and pointed at Dad's photo, and looked at me.

My eyebrows going up into my head, and shooting an exasperated look at my Dad, I said, "Yeah, I know! My father's name is Krishnan."

With an indignant push, he glared at me.
"That's not your father's name!"

"Huh?"
I wondered who had been telling him WHAT stories...

"Your father's name is Achacha!"

11 comments:

Smitha said...

That was so sweet!!!

Mama - Mia said...

:D

kids and their flawless logic!

so if sonny boy has his way you will have the names like Achacha I, IIwith likes of henry i, ii etc!

cheers!

abha

Scattered Thoughts... said...

cute!! where have you been?? long time no see ?

Unknown said...

Is he brilliant or is he brilliant...

Just Like That said...

smita: Made me laugh! welcome to my blog :-)

Mama-Mia: Hehe

ST: Thanks for asking. :-) Been overloaded with work...

Karmic Kids: he is, isn't he? :-D

Pesto Sauce said...

Kids tend to pick up such kind of words from around

Usha said...

Hehehehe.
YOu dont know nothing amme.Thank god you have a bright son to teach you things. hehehehe. ROTFL

Shivaja said...

hahahahahaha loved the lil one's logic and innocence! cho chweeetttt ... can I adopt him :P:P hehehe. BTW are u from central Kerala, I ask becos u use achacha and ammamma.

Just Like That said...

Pesto, Usha, Shivaja: :-D what would I do without him?

Just Like That said...

Shivaja: Me a Malabarian (does that sound too like barbarian?);-) from Kannur, actually.

Shivaja said...

Me half malabarian, does that make me half barbarian;);) haha Palghat Quilon combo and studied all over Kerala- Kasaragod to Trivandrum. And high school was at Tellicherry (3 years). Was working at FACT Cochin b4 coming to Vadodara.