Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting started with the second R

Dear Daddy,

Are you watching and listening up above?
I’m sure you are. I so wish I could see you too tho’. See that smile again.

I got the mail today telling me that they’d liked me and my writing enough to consider offering me a job on contract.
Do you hear, Daddy?
I have not felt so much of a sense of achievement at signing up any of the corporate deals I have in my career so far. While all of that has been my effort too, and some of them have been particularly praiseworthy, that has been using my company’s (whichever I happened to be in at the time) products. This is ALL MY OWN.

So- I can actually write and make money. Not much. Actually peanuts, if you consider that I won’t have much time at my disposal to send them too many articles, but what the heck- it’s a start! And then, if I have enough peanuts, I can make peanut butter!

I feel like writing and writing and writing to you …as I used to do. But I shall stop here for if I get started on everything else, it would be difficult to stop.
I rang and told Mummy that I had some good news, and the contained excitement in my voice made her ask- have you got another job?? LOL. I told her its even better than that.

I just wanted to share this so with you, cos my love for the language is something that you inculcated in me. I wish you were still on this earth.....

15 comments:

RK said...

Congratulations.

All the best :-)

Monika said...

WOW congrats and best wishes

R's Mom said...

Wow...great news..congrats and all the best...:)

R's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R's Mom said...

Wow...great news..congrats and all the best...:)

Choxbox said...

Congrats JLT and Good Luck!

Artnavy said...

All the best JLT!

Preeti said...

great! all the best... is it the same one we discussed a long time ago?

WhatsInAName said...

Fantastico! What a great news! So are you going to write columns or book? Or what? Tell me fast, so i can subscribe it.......Gee, I am so happy for you. You so deserve it.

Just Like That said...

@all: Thank you so much for the good wishes. I'll sure need it, to balance all on my plate. :-)

Gayatri said...

- Congrats JLT
- And hugs for the way u put it....

Sandhya said...

Congrats JLT! All the best!

sher khan said...

Congrats :-)

BangaloreMom said...

Awww JLT!! Congrats honey!! Am so proud of you...and do we EVER stop missing them? Especially during special moments in our lives? Hugs!!

Just Like That said...

Gayatri, Sandhya, SherKhan, BMom: Thank you all so much, guys. :-)