Wednesday, September 26, 2007

just like that...

I was day-dreaming in office today, and I was thinking...

It would have been nice if my husband could sing. Then, instead of watching those numerous news channels one after the other, in one language after the other, probably, he could have sung to me..and I would have listened, enraptured....
I would have listened dreamily as he sang love songs for me, I would have listened charmedly as he sang beautiful lullabies for our young son. I would have listened romantically when he sang those old, lovely lyrics- Hindi/Malayalam/Tamil.... and it would probably have inspired me to sing/learn as well.
Instead of which, now when he blares out some song at the top of his voice, I grimace and try to pretend its not my dear hubby, but just some loudspeaker gone bad outside.

It would also have been nice if probably my dear love-(irritation)-of-my-life could draw as beautifully as a certain other dame's husband. Then I too could sleep off while he watched cricket(?) and he could draw the sleeping beauty and I could post that instead of this.
Instead of which I probably need to thank my stars that at least he can draw a flying crow well. Those concave lines looped together, you know..

Hmmmm..... sigh.

But never mind. At least, I CAN get him to laugh helplessly with me, as he listens to me re-read Something Fresh, that wonderful, wonderful laugh-a-thon from dear Wodehouse-
where Lord Emsworth is at his potty, vacuous best, and the most unlikely amateurs try to purloin back a pricelss scarab, and the Efficient Baxter tries to foil them, with the most disastrous and hilarious results.

Hmmmm.... not too bad. Laughing. Pretty infectious too. For all that its called the Best Medicine.
And maybe one day when we are not too old, I can laugh him into buying us a dog. Just imagine- a he, a she, a progeny and a dog, all tangled on the sofa. Fourplay heaven!

14 comments:

Squiggles Mom said...

I wish DD could sing or dance.. either would do. Can yours dance?

Timepass said...

Hmm We all want our husbands to be this and this..but do we succeed all the time!!!

WhatsInAName said...

Make it fiveplay :)
How did you forget Progeny 2 :PPPPP

Just Like That said...

Squiggles' Mom: hahahahaha this is getting hilarious. nope, he can't! LOL

Timpass: Looking at it that way, I would be quite content if he would just fold his newspapers after reading and put it back on the corner table!!!!

WIAN: I see you are NOT willing to leave things lying down!:-P No I hadn't forgotten....ROFL

Hip Grandma said...

Not fair on kunju kuttan's dad.Not fair at all.why don't you list things he is good at instead of daydreaming about what he cud have done.

Fuzzylogic said...

Don't well wish there was something more to the man in our lives?I for one will take the ability to share a laugh above anything else cause that's something I wanted to do and luckily have it too:)

Parul said...

LOL@fourplay heaven...clever girl, you!

Daisy said...

Good one :)enjoyed this post ..

Timepass said...

U r Tagged!!!

Just Like That said...

HGMom: You've won hubby's eternal loyalty with that comment.;-) He was like- WHO is this woman? She's the only one with sense! (After Squiggles' comment LOL! he was not a little miffed!)hahahaha
So I pass on his warm regards to you.Lol!

Fuzzy: Yeah, sense of humour tops the list, indeed.

Parul, Daisy: :-)

Timepass: Which one is it now? :-)Shall do it soon, you are in q......

noon said...

Very cute wistful post! Oh man don't tell about the singing bit! Hub has a great voice, has sung in choir, can sing well (I didn't even know he could sing until I heard him sing song after song at a reunion with his pals) but he just won't sing for me. Oh man - NOW I remember - he promised me when we were engaged that he would learn one song properly and sing it for me - totally forgot about it! Now I have to just be satisfied with "Old king cole" and "Muffin man" that he graciously sings for his dear son! And my mom asks for repeats of the same! :)

Usha said...

Sing, I shall pass..
draw, I am glad he doesn't. Imagine drawing my face and me feeling all sad!
laugh, yes, thats what I'd take any day. Laugh with me, at himself , me and everything. A PGW fan, now that is the ultimate!

dame's diary said...

JLT my chum,
I can’t stop laughing..
But laughter is something I truly value. I picture the awesome, foursome (he, she, Progeny + doggie) laughing, giggling……
Aww what a Kodak moment…
What more can you ask for? hehe

aargee said...

hey! I tagged you :)
Please take it if you would like to; Check : http://aargeesworld.wordpress.com