Thursday, August 23, 2007

a prayer

Dear God,

When I land my next job,

1. Please let at least half of my colleagues be responsible mothers with toddlers. Puhleeeese! My boss especially has to be one of those types who actually like to go back home.

2. Let one quarter be loving fathers with toddlers, who would love to go back home and bond with said toddlers, as soon as work hours get over.

3. Let the remaining quarter be lovable hunks/delightful dames, who would rather spend the night hours in a pub with a lissome partner, rather than in front of their pc at work.

4. Let the weekend be off.

5. Let working hours be from 9.30 to 6. You could make the timings better if you want, God.

6. Let the colleagues be fun, and work engrossing.

7. Dear God, let that job land soon!

Thank you.

17 comments:

dame's diary said...

Dream on JLT :)))

Unknown said...

awww...ul get a job just like that..il pray..and when u do could u call me as well?!?!??!?!

Maggie said...

Amen!

Savani said...

amen, sistah!

~nm said...

If you find a job like that, call me too! I will also join that company! :P

All the best!

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Not to rub it in sweetie, but i have a job like that :)

You should be able to find a job like that..!

Life Unordinary said...

You forgot to add 2 hour lunchbreaks....like the Europeans!...maybe that's askin' for too much :-)

Daisy said...

yeah-- let me know when u land that job..i would like to join too..

Swati said...

Me too Me too...pls dont forgrt me

Just Like That said...

Dame: dream dream, drool drool..hope springs eternal etc etc :-)

Random vignettes: Welcome to my blog. and keep dropping in, the pleasure's all mine.

Rv, Moppet's Mom, Dotmom, ~Nm, Daisy: Lol! Guess I'll just have to pray harder now, for my dream firm to have suitable vacancies for all of you too. Please, God....

Poppins: Practise 'protego' well. you might need it to shield yourself from our envy.
On the other hand, am happy at least some of us are blessed!

Just Like That said...

Swati : God, please... :-)

DDmom said...

hey, maybe you should get Bill Gates or Narayana Murthy to adopt you and then you can have all the time you want! he he..

Anna said...

Every mother's dream job:)....I hate being stared upon like an alien, when I leave at 5:30, after a full day spent in front of a computer, when these ulloos were busy with looooong tea breaks and lunch breaks....

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

If you find one, please please let me know.

WhatsInAName said...

Dear JLT :)
Please grease my palm first :P

Something to Say said...

Amen to that!!!

Vidooshak said...

how did i miss this post? it was just the tooooo the goooood.

amazing how everyone wants exactly the same job and yet, none of us are able to form one such workspace.

Amen, anyway. As someone said up there, call ME as well!

:-)