Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mars and Venus

Little boys are indeed from Mars and little girls are from Venus.

In the mornings after he wakes up, sometimes Sonny boy's eyes just refuse to stay open till he receives the first splash of water on his face when we get set to brush, which is after he makes susu, which sometimes he does with his eyes closed. When all things are pointing right, it makes less of a mess for me to clean up later, so I generally position him in the right stance. Today morning, after I had gathered Sonny boy up from bed, and stood him on the toilet seat, and stood there waiting, came a sleepy, dreamy, loving observation.
"Look Amma, my susu's so beeg..."
I looked down at him- the eyes were open and looking fondly upon that erect organ.

What is it with men and the size of their penises?
But then, I guess, if we had something between our legs that would grow big and small as it liked, and seemed to have a will of its own, maybe we too might have been fascinated?

Sometime back, he used to want to pee whenever his friends who came visiting wanted to pee. Like an innocent Venusian, I let him. Until I found out that peeing was a lesser incident and comparing sizes was what they were into. After that I ensured that the peeing took place in different bathrooms. Miraculously, the visiting boys stopped wanting to pee, and my boy stopped wanting to pee too. Martians!!

Now my fervent hope is that he doesn't get the opportunity to tell this to some little Venusian right now- Look, Venus, my susu's so beeg.
I know this will definitely be uttered, but I hope I will be much older and not as responsible for him as I am now, when it does!

How about all you other mamas out there? Any similar tales?

10 comments:

Usha said...

OH MY GOD!
They start comparisons so early - how old, he is 4 yet?

Noodlehead said...

congrats on the new job!!! have a blast :) wow, sonny boy's starting early! not to worry i guess, a colleague was referring to a similar statement by her 2 year old...men, boys! (what's the difference anyway!!)

Just Like That said...

Usha, Noodlehead: I think the actual culprit-teacher is the next door neighbour who is close to 6, but these kids learnt!

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Boys will be boys I guess ;)

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

ROTFL! OMG OMG, I can't believe this, thissss early? Venusians aren't innocent either. I have seen 4 year olds here asking their moms about growing boobs and do pretend-play with breastfeeding dolls.

Savani said...

rotfl. my 2 yr old does it too! they DO start early and it seems like it is hardwired

Daisy said...

WOW! they are programmed differently you know.. that is early.. you are right- why is the fascination with the susu alone and not arms and legs that also grow "big" ?

~nm said...

Hahaha....hilarious! Such innocent things these kids say!

Unknown said...

LOL LOL LOL ....*wipes tears of laughter*
That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhatsInAName said...

lol!
That was some insight into martians. As Anitha says, girls arent innocent either...they are more inquisitive about boobs hehehehe