Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy leaping to all of you....

Its that year again- a leap year. And leaping or creeping, a very HAPPY new year to all of you dear ladies and the occasional gentlemen! May this year leave you happier, healthier, wiser, wealthier and of course older. *wicked grin*

I can't wait for the next one- 2012- when maybe, Sonny Boy who will be 8 yrs then (Phew!!) will have his own unique take on it.

These past years, every year, the first day/week would see me pondering over, deciding, re-deciding, making and even breaking (yeah , in the first week itself) some resolutions.

I'm a very practical person, if nothing else. I know my strengths and weaknesses too, so I never was one to fill in pages of my diary with my resolutions. Why go to such pains over something you know is not going to happen? So my resolutions would maybe be to overcome/work on max 3 or 4 failings which made a difference to my life. The pondering was over which of my numerous failings I should work on, and which I could POSSIBLY make at least a dent on.

This year I had very little pondering to do. Everything just fell into place with crystal clear clarity. I have just two things to work on. Alright, maybe a third one too can creep in, after I have attended to the first two.

No 1. Be patient, patient, patient, PATIENT with my darling little Sonny Boy.

No 2. Learn to balance work and my baby.
Of late, I've really begun to enjoy my job, and sometimes I find myself thinking of work from home too. It might be because of the pressure, but sometimes I do find that pressure stimulating, and never a burden like it used to be earlier.
Earlier, while there was nothing that kept me from giving my 100% to my job (other than the fact that I didn't want to give my boss/senior colleagues another opportunity to take credit for a good job done), now I have one little boy who would much rather his Amma played trains and ball with him 24 hrs, instead of maybe 24 minutes.
So now I've made a conscious decision to make and stick to some quality 'Sonny boy time.' Work will have plenty of opportunities hopefully, but with Sonny boy, time gone is time lost, and with that time, so many memories, for me and more importantly for him.

No 3. Snap less at the husband.
Even if he snaps at me 24 hrs. TRY and be more docile. Not for his sake. But again, for Sonny Boy's sake. I can only remember my parents arguing with each other while I was in my teens. I certainly don't remember them having even disagreements earlier. Now I know that they certainly had their share of fights, but my Mom never let me know it. I would like to do the same for my child.

So these are my set of resolutions for 2008. Any of you gals want to share yours?

6 comments:

aMus said...

that's a wonderful three points...

**time gone is time lost, and with that time, so many memories, for me and more importantly for him.
*** i do so agree with this and glad that you've realised it

hope you have wonderful year ahead...and you manage all three...

Timepass said...

Happy New Year..Nice resolutions

Maggie said...

Happy New Year, my friend! Wishing you and your family all the very best in 2008.

~nm said...

Pt 1 and pt 3 are the only items on my list :)

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way :P Hahha

Hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

Hip Grandma said...

my only resolution is to try and keep all previous resolutions

Lavs said...

Wish you and your family a Happy & Prosperous New Year.